Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Professional Left : Civility, Blood Libel, and The GOP's real problem.

As of late, I've been really enjoying "The Professional Left", a weekly podcast put out by bloggers Driftglass and Blue Gal, enough so that I think I'm going to start linking to it regularly.

This episode (which also happens to be their podcast's 1 year anniversary), the two reflect on the Tucson terrorism, the differences between the American left and right that Obama and Palin's contrasting responses illustrate, the irony of Palin's use of "Blood Libel", and the GOP's real problem with how its base finds extremism / outcrazying the other guy appealing. They also provide some interesting insight on gun-control laws and why even common-sense regulation has become so politically toxic that no one will touch the issue. I hope you enjoy their commentary as much as I do.

Oh, and in case it needs stating, it's not safe for work... unless you've got headphones!


7 comments:

Fran / Blue Gal said...

Thank you so much Audrey! Your kind words are really appreciated.

stageleft said...

Would that I knew where to find something of this caliber with Canadian content......

Audrey II said...

Wow, BG! Totally honoured to have you stop by! Keep up the great blogging / podcasting!

Audrey II said...

Stageleft: Couldn't tell if that question was a loaded one or not. If not, I completely agree! The commentary from the usual pundits who put out podcasts is so stale, bland, and predictable, or (in the case of the now defunct? "BrassBallsRadio", batshit insane and so loaded with bigotry as to be unbearable). If you do know of some, though, don't keep it under wraps! I'd love to have some direction as to where I might be able to find it, even if I'm missing an obvious source!

David said...

Kevin of the Woodshed will be on Virtually Speaking with his take on all things Canadian on Feb. 20.

Audrey II said...

David,

Hey, thanks for letting us know! I'll try to remember to post a reminder about this on the front page as we get closer to the date.

David said...

Make sure you send a note to Kevin when you do your front page coverage so he can preen about his fame. That boy loves to preen.

Just kidding Kev (he knows where I live so I have to be circumspect). You know how paperboys get when they are crossed.

Post a Comment