Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Strength in Solidarity ain't just a buzzphrase.

I'm not sure yet whether I'm going to hold my nose and vote strategically again this election, but for fuck's sake... Being a herd-of-cats is a virtue only to a certain degree, after which it becomes self-defeating. The final days of this campaign has seen the worst in all involved, and that only plays into the hands of those that have cynically been wagering on that from the start.

Can we progressives please start getting our shit together?


3 comments:

Malcolm+ said...

In order for progressives to get our poop in a group, we first have to realize that there is NOTHING progressive about voting for a right wing party that is (maybe) ever so slightly less right wing than the other right wing party.

janfromthebruce said...

And I am with Malcolm on this assessment. You just have to look at many Liberal MPs who are not progressive in any way shape or form, and yet the lib "strategic voting" is about electing those unprogressive liberals. Just takes my breath away - same old same old

Audrey II said...

Watching conservatives getting themselves all tied up in knots over the "Orange Crush" over the past day or so has reignited my enthusiasm. I just hope the left can restrain itself from the worst of the backbiting during the last few days of this campaign!

Post a Comment